Financial governanceIn light of recent cases like the Centro decision, highlighting the level of financial literacy and oversight required of boards and directors, Directors Australia has designed a series of ‘financial governance’ workshops for boards.
While we tailor each workshop to the particular board’s requirements and financial statements, suggested workshop topics include:
- Directors’ duties regarding financial matters
- Key lessons for directors from recent case law
- How boards monitor financial performance
- The board’s relationship with the Chief Financial Officer
- The purpose and format of management’s financial report to the board
- The board’s role in strategic financial planning
- The role of the Audit Committee.
In our workshops, we deliver information in a readily understandable way including through the use of case studies and a company’s actual financial statements. We seek to create an environment where directors feel comfortable asking questions and raising issues.Our workshops are enhanced by the financial skills and experience of a number of our key consultants and strategic alliance partners.
Subscribe here to Directors Australia free quarterly newsletter “Above Board” which summarises developments in corporate governance and other issues relevant to directors.