Directors Australia is delighted to be working with Invasive Animals Limited (IAL) trading as the Centre for Invasive Species Solutions (CISS) to appoint two independent directors. The CISS board is governed by an independent skills-based board of six directors, with two directors retiring at the AGM in November 2023.
CISS is a not-for-profit, member-based organisation formed to address the impact of invasive plants and animals across Australia. Its revenue is approximately $8M per annum.
CISS operations to date have been primarily funded by state governments, the ACT Government, the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry and industry Research and Development Corporations (RDCs). We are currently progressing diversification of funding sources.
The board is seeking candidates who are passionate about CISS’ work and meet the selection criteria outlined below.
Key selection criteria
The successful candidates must be able to meet the following criteria.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in ONE or more of the following:
- Contemporary environmental leadership and management (with an understanding of biosecurity and biodiversity challenges),
- Commercial innovation that has led transformational change and established successful multi-party collaborations and/or
- Legal, commercialisation and intellectual property expertise
- The ability to play an active role in strategic planning including critically assessing strategic opportunities and threats for CISS
- Experience at board level including a sound working knowledge of corporate governance systems and frameworks, and an ability to apply that support in the context of a commercially focused member-based organisation.
- The ability to work effectively liaising with, and gaining the trust and respect of key government stakeholders.
- The ability to critically assess company financial and operational performance through the application of skills, experience and personal qualities
In line with CISS’ focus on diversity and inclusion, applications are also encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities.
CISS are seeking candidates preferably based in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania. The board currently has directors residing in Western Australia and South Australia.
How to apply
To submit your expression of interest, visit https://directorsaustralia.com/view-vacancies/
Applicants are required to provide the following documents as part of their application:
- their current non-executive director resume (preference is for maximum three pages)
- a covering letter stating what skills and experience they believe they can bring to the role given the selection criteria.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday 12 September 2023.
Or to obtain further information regarding this position please contact: