In June 2022, the Queensland Government committed $16.5 million to establish Manufacturing Skills Queensland Limited (MSQ) – an independent, not-for-profit industry body that will support employers, workers, apprentices and trainees in the manufacturing industry.
MSQ was established in collaboration between the Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training and the Department of Regional Development, Manufacturing and Water to identify key skills required in the manufacturing sector.
The purpose of the organisation is to build a sustainably skilled workforce for a future-proofed manufacturing industry. MSQ’s current three-year strategy commenced in 2023, with the key strategic pillars including:
- attracting, retaining and developing capability
- partnering with purpose
- being a credible authority, and
- Regional services
- Data collection and research
- Influencing on Federal Training Packages
- Accreditation, and
- Partnering with community, Government and industry.
The board is seeking to appoint an employer association representative director.
The board is seeking candidates who are passionate about MSQ’s work and meet the selection criteria outlined below.
The successful Employer Association Representative candidates must be able to meet the following criteria.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and strong networks in the manufacturing industry and/or education and vocational training sector
- The ability to play an active role in strategic planning including critically assessing strategic opportunities and threats for MSQ
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in representing employers in the manufacturing industry in Queensland
- Demonstrated experience in private and government partnerships and the development of new revenue streams to grow a business
- The ability to critically assess company financial and operational performance through the application of skills, experience and personal qualities.
- Demonstrated experience at board level, including a sound working knowledge of corporate governance systems and frameworks, and an ability to apply that support to a growing organisation.
Qualifications with the Australian Institute of Company Directors or similar would be highly regarded.
MSQ is seeking candidates based in Queensland.
To submit your expression of interest, visit https://directorsaustralia.com/view-vacancies/
Applicants are required to provide the following documents as part of your application:
- a covering letter stating what skills and experience you believe you can bring to the role addressing the selection criteria.
- your current director resume (preference is for maximum three pages)
For further information or to obtain a position description please reach out to Vanessa Jolly via vanessa.jolly@Directorsaustralia.com.