NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – NUCRUSH GROUP
- Successful family-owned business
- South East Queensland/Northern NSW based
- Seeking an experienced director with sector experience
The Nucrush Group (Nucrush) is part of the diversified group of Neumann Companies. Since 1948, the Companies have helped shape the Gold Coast with the steel, civil construction, petroleum, quarrying, pre-mixed concrete, mineral sands, dredging and land development businesses.
The Neumann businesses are family-owned and employ over 600 people Australia wide, mainly in Queensland. Each of the Neumann companies are independent and have established their own boards, one of which is the Nucrush Group.
For over fifty years the Nucrush Group’s two divisions, Nucon Concrete and Nucrush Quarries, have been unearthing, sourcing and supplying a wide range of concrete, rocks, sands and decorative stones for residential, commercial, governmental and infrastructure projects in and around South-East Queensland and Northern New South Wales. The group’s head office is on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
Marbordo Pty Ltd is a private company in which each of the five Neumann families hold a 20% share. Marbordo Pty Ltd has the right to appoint an independent non-executive director to the board of Nucrush Group as a representative of the Marbordo Pty Ltd investment. The board of Nucrush Group currently comprises three family members and one non-family member.
The successful candidate must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Relevant sector experience at an executive or non-executive director level in building and construction, infrastructure, the mining industry, or in mining related services including contract mining, maintenance contracting or mining product manufacture and distribution, minerals and/or quarry industries.
- An ability to analyse and critically assess financial and non-financial company group performance.
- Experience at board level including a sound working knowledge of corporate governance systems and frameworks, and an ability to apply that knowledge to support a large family business at board level. Candidates who are Graduates of the Australian Institute of Company Directors will be highly regarded.
- An ability to work effectively within a family business context including liaising with and gaining the trust and respect of shareholders.
The board is seeking a candidate preferably based in Brisbane, South-East Queensland, or Northern New South Wales. It is a requirement directors attend meetings in person on the Gold Coast and Oxenford.
Directors are remunerated. This remuneration is an annual fee including superannuation. Reasonable expenses associated with attending to board matters are met by the Nucrush Group.
To apply for this position, visit https://directorsaustralia.com/view-vacancies/.
Alternatively, for a position details document please contact Glee Mitchell on 0417 065 408 or email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7 October 2022.