Bush Heritage Australia buys and manages land, and partners with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and pastoralists to protect our irreplaceable landscapes and our magnificent native species forever.
The board is seeking to appoint an independent, non-executive director to replace a retiring director in 2023.
The board is seeking candidates who are contemporary agricultural leaders who understand and are committed to guiding and supporting the agricultural sector to rapidly evolve to ensure the identification and delivery of sustainable agriculture solutions in the face of climate change, biodiversity loss and changing community expectations. Bush Heritage Australia is committed to and is already working in partnership with leading agricultural organisations to deliver on this objective.
In return you will have the chance to:
- Work with an organisation making a difference in guiding and leading how to deliver sustainable conservation solutions to the agriculture sector
- Be exposed to and engaging in genuine First Nations partnerships with a leader in this field, and
- Visit Bush Heritage properties around Australia to see the work in action. Located in some of Australia’s most exquisite remote locations!
Key selection criteria
The successful candidate must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Seeking a respected contemporary agricultural leader with demonstrated skills and experience in land ownership.
- Exposure to and previous workings in achieving net zero emissions
- A deep understanding of how quickly the agriculture sector is moving including landholder sophistication
- A well-connected agricultural leader with the ability to open doors and provide advice and mentoring internally
- Demonstrated commercial acumen gained through recent direct commercial experience
- Understanding of how to work across both the commercial and not for profit sectors
- Experience at board level including a sound working knowledge of corporate governance systems and frameworks, and an ability to apply that support to Bush Heritage Australia is highly desirable
- An ability to work effectively with an engaged CEO and gaining the trust and respect of stakeholders and donors.
It would also be advantageous for candidates to have had some background in beef and/or sheep farming.
In line with Bush Heritage Australia’s focus on diversity and inclusion, applications are also encouraged from First Nations candidates.
Bush Heritage Australia are seeking a candidate with an exposure to and understanding of pastoral operations in Queensland or the Northern Territory.
How to apply
To submit your expression of interest, visit https://directorsaustralia.com/view-vacancies/
Applicants are required to provide the following documents as part of their application:
- their current non-executive director resume (preference is for maximum three pages)
- a covering letter stating what skills and experience they believe they can bring to the role given the selection criteria.
Contact: Vanessa Jolly 0408 450 281 email@example.com to obtain any further information.